Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Reload .map files created with mapcacher and view geography

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemesisb12
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reload .map files created with mapcacher and view geography Reply with quote

Hi.

I don't know if other users have asked for this, but is there a way to reload a saved .map into mapcacher (http://www.mapcacher.com/) or another program and display the area bounded by the .map file?

I want to be able to see exactly the selected area, and to possibly re-save the .map file with mapcacher using a different level of detail (Fast and Rough vs Slow and Detailed).

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Keep up the great work.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reload .map files created with mapcacher and view geogra Reply with quote

nemesisb12 wrote:
Hi.

I don't know if other users have asked for this, but is there a way to reload a saved .map into mapcacher (http://www.mapcacher.com/) or another program and display the area bounded by the .map file?

I want to be able to see exactly the selected area, and to possibly re-save the .map file with mapcacher using a different level of detail (Fast and Rough vs Slow and Detailed).

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Keep up the great work.

I don't know of any application to do that, but we have that planned for a future version. Still it will only show the generated rectangles, not the points you selected as those are not saved in the map file (but it is a good idea to extend the file format and save those too!)
nemesisb12
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Cristian.

My suggestion is definitely not critical, but more of a bonus to your program.

Just a quick thought... I believe that when users select the Slow and Detailed map vs the Fast and Rough, more rectangular areas/lines will be specified in the map file because the map rectangles will be smaller, therefore more passes to cache the tiles, but fewer tiles may be saved because the area is now more detailed. And this will probably save space on the memory card...

I love your program.

nemesisb12
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: