Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Problem with Samsung S5620 Monte

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P.J
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Problem with Samsung S5620 Monte Reply with quote

MGMaps doesn't connect to the GPS satellite soon. It takes around 10 minutes to find the location.
While it's ok in the samsung menu, so it's not hardware problem.
I've no problem with MGMaps and Samsung S8000 Jet.

Any solution? Sad
conan88

Phone Type: Samsung Monte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem . it takes at least 5 minuts to determine the location although the mobile gets the three coordinates in the gps menu
can any one help?
jlcamry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my S5628 is working
Balazs
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firmware update solved my problem. it takes now around half minutes max.
just upgrade to the latest original firmware.
amjl2000
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the looks of it, this forum is slowly dwindling, I guess as smart phones become smarter and everyone has an android or iOS phone nowadays.

Anyhoo, thanks for the advice re: flashing phone to latest firmware - of course it's not always that simple as different areas have different firmwares so finding the right one is not always that easy.

One thing I have noticed very recently is that there is another application called VeloxGPS - a simple gps tracking device designed for use when cycling. It doesn't feature a map unfortunately, but it does lock a position very quickly (samsung monte). This makes me wonder if there is a small issue with the underlying code that specifically makes it difficult for mgmaps (and google maps, which also takes forever) to lock in a reasonable time.

Is this something that either I or someone with more knowledge in mobile phone apps (i.e. a 2 year old monkey, or better) can look into? I guess it's almost impossible unless there is access to both sets of source code Sad
amjl2000
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally become in a position to upgrade the firmware - not an official version, but the gps works perfectly now.
for information, i used the information on the darkforest group forum on upgrading firmware - you need an unlocked phone to do it unofficially.

I'm getting a tab soon, with gps, so hoping to get that going with some freebie software!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: