Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Map Download Tool (Mobile Atlas Creator)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billy06
Junior

Phone Type: nokia n95 stored maps and kml for geocaching

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Map Download Tool (Mobile Atlas Creator) Reply with quote

MAC now supports MGMaps output more info http://sourceforge.net/projects/trekbuddyatlasc/ very easy to use to create many maps
pnear

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the latest version of MAC (1.Cool, and don't see an atlas format setting for MGMaps.

I'm new to all of this, looking for an offline map solution for my blackberry, so perhaps I've just missed something. What format should I be using in MAC 1.8 to save for use in MGM?

Peter
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnear wrote:
I downloaded the latest version of MAC (1.Cool, and don't see an atlas format setting for MGMaps.

I'm new to all of this, looking for an offline map solution for my blackberry, so perhaps I've just missed something. What format should I be using in MAC 1.8 to save for use in MGM?

Peter

Try the preview version 1.9 as suggested here http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=16528#16528
koumes6378

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Creating maps from MOBAC for Mobile GMaps in 3 easy steps Reply with quote

What do you need:
1. Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8
2. OSMTracker To MGMaps Convertor
3. Tutorial with How-to

TutorialOSMTrackerToMGMaps.zip
 Description:
Tutorial with How-To

Download
 Filename:  TutorialOSMTrackerToMGMaps.zip
 Filesize:  862.75 KB
 Downloaded:  2161 Time(s)

OSMTracker2MGMaps..zip
 Description:
OSMTracker To MGMaps Convertor 1.0

Download
 Filename:  OSMTracker2MGMaps..zip
 Filesize:  13.07 KB
 Downloaded:  1938 Time(s)

rockpilp
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you only need Mobile Atlas Creator, but the MGM module is only available in the pre-release version 1.9.

I contributed the MGM output module to MOBAC to make it easier for users to generate MGM maps for MyTrails (my Android spiritual port of MGMaps), and I wrote a short MGM-focused howto.
trk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockpilp wrote:
Actually, you only need Mobile Atlas Creator, but the MGM module is only available in the pre-release version 1.9.

I contributed the MGM output module to MOBAC to make it easier for users to generate MGM maps for MyTrails (my Android spiritual port of MGMaps), and I wrote a short MGM-focused howto.

I just downloaded MyTrails for Android, then I downloaded MOBAC 1.9 preview 12 to make offline maps, but I can't get it to create the MGM maps.

The tiles download fine but then it just completely skips the map creation part without giving me any errors... It says "Atlas creation finished successfully" but when I go to the atlas folder all it has is a folder with a cache.conf file and another empty folder.

I tried an older 1.9 preview version, two different source maps, different size selections and nothing worked. I also tried to convert to different formats (.AQM and .KMZ) and they worked perfectly fine, they did a map creation step after the tile download.

I find it weird that I don't get any errors and it just skips a step. I'm running Win 7 x64 and the contents of all the cache.conf files is "version=3\tiles_per_file=64\hash_size=1". Anyone know whats up? Thanks.
rockpilp
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you save the MOBAC profile and post it here so I can replicate?

How many tiles does MOBAC indicate that your selected zoom levels and area include?
ginzon
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used MOBAC 1.9 beta 1 (it supports Google Maps n MGMaps thats y) now when i transfer maps to my phone it does not display any map to me...
I use 1.4.x version of it..
so any suggestions??
rockpilp
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a bug until 1.9 final, which is available for download at the MOBAC SourceForge site.
ginzon
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockpilp wrote:
There was a bug until 1.9 final, which is available for download at the MOBAC SourceForge site.

Ya but the problem is the final one doesnt support Google Maps n I want it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: