Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

[Fixed] Running MGMaps on SE Xperia X1

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeteticE

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: [Fixed] Running MGMaps on SE Xperia X1 Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Set up mgmaps on Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and damn me, but I can't get internal GPS to work Sad

Any ideas what I can try? Phoneis running under Windows Mobile 6.1 and Java version is Esmertec Jbed 20080822.2.1. Everything is working more or less well, save for GPS recognition and occasionally after zooping out it does not want to zoom back in (but that's a minor problem).

I would be very grateful for any tips on GPS problem.

Thanks in advance.
jaakl
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows Mobiles JVM-s (Esmertec, Intent, Sun) generally do not have direct way to connect to internal GPS. None of these support Java Location API, also they do not have serial or bluetooth connections. IBM (a.k.a. J9) has a bit more connection options, but installing and using it is a pain.

Only way which generally has worked for me is to use GPSGate (paid) or GPSPort (free) utility, which is native Windwos Mobile app and it enable forwarding GPS to MGMaps (technically, it is serial to tcp data converter). The GPS type should be selected as "GPSGate" in MGMaps.

One helpful topic here should be http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=9200#9200.

Btw, is the Esmertec JBed the built-in JVM in the phone, or did you installed it separately? If installed, then what was the original one and didn't it work with MGMaps?
lofarkas
Power User

Phone Type: HTC Desire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a while, but now it works for me!

I don't know what helped: it's either the new version (1.42.01) or setting GPSGate 2.0's output to TCP Server. Anyway, it works at long last! Can't seem to get it to recognize the internal GPS by default or just work with GPSPort, but I'll take what I can get.

BTW I'm using Esmertec Jbed build 20071119.3.1
Jo The Trekker
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lofarkas wrote:
It has been a while, but now it works for me!

I don't know what helped: it's either the new version (1.42.01) or setting GPSGate 2.0's output to TCP Server. Anyway, it works at long last! Can't seem to get it to recognize the internal GPS by default or just work with GPSPort, but I'll take what I can get.

BTW I'm using Esmertec Jbed build 20071119.3.1

just to let you know what happened, the new version allowed the TCP input so it was essentially a combination of both...glad things are working well for you now Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: