Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Name lookup on gmap-track.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravidavi
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Name lookup on gmap-track.com Reply with quote

Hey Christian,

I saw that the "public" map works now on gmap-track.com ... very nice! One suggestion though: on the public page, could you add a "find user" box where one could type in a username and just that user would be shown on the map? Having everyone shown will get really cluttered as more and more people use the website.

Thanks!
Ravi
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Name lookup on gmap-track.com Reply with quote

ravidavi wrote:
Hey Christian,

I saw that the "public" map works now on gmap-track.com ... very nice! One suggestion though: on the public page, could you add a "find user" box where one could type in a username and just that user would be shown on the map? Having everyone shown will get really cluttered as more and more people use the website.

Thanks!
Ravi

Sure, I'll add that option, as well as a link to "zoom in" on a user, user avatar (picture) and so on Smile
deadshort
Junior

Phone Type: HTC Startrek (a.k.a. qtek 8500, ATT 3125) SmartPhone WM5

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Public map suggestion Reply with quote

Would it be possible to add a small control link to switch the 'UNITs' (speed, alt) from Metric to Standard for the info in the bubble message, when clicking or searching a user.

When I'm logged in tracking myself the units are Standard as I selected in the profile page. But they are in Metric when viewed from the Public map (not logged in)

I'm really enjoying the program Smile

HTC Startrek (Dopod S300), Holux 240 Bluetooth gps, Ibm J9 Java
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Public map suggestion Reply with quote

deadshort wrote:
Would it be possible to add a small control link to switch the 'UNITs' (speed, alt) from Metric to Standard for the info in the bubble message, when clicking or searching a user.

When I'm logged in tracking myself the units are Standard as I selected in the profile page. But they are in Metric when viewed from the Public map (not logged in)

Well, there are other user settings applied for the public map, for example the timezone. The times are displayed by default in US Eastern Time but if you're logged in they are displayed in your timezone. You can make sure you log in before viewing the public map - you can check the "remember" box so that you're automatically logged in.

Cristian
deadshort
Junior

Phone Type: HTC Startrek (a.k.a. qtek 8500, ATT 3125) SmartPhone WM5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's more of an issue for friends of looking at the public map to watch me as I travel around. I didn't want to give out my login / password just so that they could see Alt, Speed in Standard units.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadshort wrote:
Well it's more of an issue for friends of looking at the public map to watch me as I travel around. I didn't want to give out my login / password just so that they could see Alt, Speed in Standard units.

Well, they can sign up for their own accounts, log in and see the info in English units... but you're right, it would be better to have a switch on the page )and in the URL) to allow non-authenticated users to choose their format.

Cristian
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Name lookup on gmap-track.com Reply with quote

infibeam wrote:
Hey dude, is site working perfectly ? I am not able to open it ? Is it works in Mozilla ?

We had some down time of ~3 hours, probably because of a DoS attack. That's not that bad, considering the server uptime before that was over 425 days... Things should be back to normal now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: