Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Stored Maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lzh007
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems very easy for everyone to upload map files to cellphone. How come I can not? Which tools do you often use to upload map?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lzh007 wrote:
it seems very easy for everyone to upload map files to cellphone. How come I can not? Which tools do you often use to upload map?

Easiest way if your laptop has a memory card slot: take the memory card out of your phone, put it in an adapter (like microSD to SD) and plug it into your computer.
If your computer has bluetooth and the phone has bluetooth, you can copy the files the usual way (for instance drag & drop), connect to the phone's OBEX File Transfer service over BT.
Otherwise if connecting over cable you may still have support for OBEX over USB... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBEX#Supported_devices
EpsilonDraconis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all.
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I didn't want to start a new thread unless prompted. I've installed Mobile GMaps sucessfully on my Omnia and am able to get the offline maps to display, but only if they are stored in the main phone's memory.
When I use the 'Settings' option and browse the 'Storage path', I get only a subset of the directories. I see only the 'root1/' directory at the top level. Below root1 I have 'my pictures', 'templates', 'personal' 'business', 'my music' etc. However, I'm unable to navigate to the 'my storage' directory which contains the 16Gb of available space.
As I say, if I install the maps within say 'root1/personal', it works fine; however I'm then limited on the available space available for storing the maps.
I'm using v1.39.17.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help because this is a great application. Thanks in advance.
justice strike
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having trouble getting the offline maps to work. I tried everything. downloaded the maps. Put them on the card with the correct folder name (MGMapsCache right?)

selected stored maps and offline mode in the menu. Filled in correct folder name. Even browsed to the correct folder. But it still shows that it cannot download the correct maps. (the default tiles are shown)

kan anyone help me?
midnight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice strike wrote:
i'm having trouble getting the offline maps to work. I tried everything. downloaded the maps. Put them on the card with the correct folder name (MGMapsCache right?)

selected stored maps and offline mode in the menu. Filled in correct folder name. Even browsed to the correct folder. But it still shows that it cannot download the correct maps. (the default tiles are shown)

kan anyone help me?

I have the same problem on my blackberry 8310 curve. I've done everything, but it still says "map tile no available, please zoom out". Please help.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midnight wrote:
I have the same problem on my blackberry 8310 curve. I've done everything, but it still says "map tile no available, please zoom out". Please help.

What OS version do you have on it? Options/About
midnight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What OS version do you have on it? Options/About

Blackberry v.4.2.2.170, mgmaps 1.39.17. Thanks for helping me.
EpsilonDraconis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EpsilonDraconis wrote:
Hello all.
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I didn't want to start a new thread unless prompted. I've installed Mobile GMaps sucessfully on my Omnia and am able to get the offline maps to display, but only if they are stored in the main phone's memory.
When I use the 'Settings' option and browse the 'Storage path', I get only a subset of the directories. I see only the 'root1/' directory at the top level. Below root1 I have 'my pictures', 'templates', 'personal' 'business', 'my music' etc. However, I'm unable to navigate to the 'my storage' directory which contains the 16Gb of available space.
As I say, if I install the maps within say 'root1/personal', it works fine; however I'm then limited on the available space available for storing the maps.
I'm using v1.39.17.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help because this is a great application. Thanks in advance.

I don't suppose anyone has any thoughts on my post above - I am still unable to get the mgmaps application to see my storage card. I read in another post that perhaps that perhaps installing JBed would help, unfortunately it didn't. Has anyone had the same problem with the Omnia and Windows Mobile - it would be such a shame if I can't get it working... Thanks in advance for any help.
tomal
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: problem with continuous question Reply with quote

Hi,

My phone is Nokia 6110 navigator. I'm trying to use latest development version of MGMaps (1.41.03-n95). I have downloaded Google maps using 64 tiles per file option for my country. Selected zoom's are 1, 3, 5...15 etc.

Now the problem is, my phone is asking me "Allow application Mobile GMaps to read user data?" which is repeated every 5-10 seconds and I'm tired of pressing "yes" button. Somebody please help me to stop this annoying question.

By the way, I have installed using the signed .jad version of MGMaps.
CrazyTerabyte
Power User

Phone Type: Sony Ericsson K750i; Nokia 6120 classic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: problem with continuous question Reply with quote

tomal wrote:
Now the problem is, my phone is asking me "Allow application Mobile GMaps to read user data?" which is repeated every 5-10 seconds and I'm tired of pressing "yes" button. Somebody please help me to stop this annoying question.

Are you sure that you used the signed version? Also, have you tried to change some options for the application (before running it, at your phone user interface - something like this: select your application -> More -> Permissions) so that instead of "Always ask" it is set "Never ask"?

Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with continuous question Reply with quote

tomal wrote:
Hi,

My phone is Nokia 6110 navigator. I'm trying to use latest development version of MGMaps (1.41.03-n95). I have downloaded Google maps using 64 tiles per file option for my country. Selected zoom's are 1, 3, 5...15 etc.

Open the phone's App. Manager, select Mobile GMaps, Open, scroll to "read user data", set to "always allow".
tomal
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: problem with continuous question Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
tomal wrote:
Hi,

Open the phone's App. Manager, select Mobile GMaps, Open, scroll to "read user data", set to "always allow".

Thank you, Cristian. It worked.

By the way, do you have plan to draw the track during navigation. Also the record/replay option...it would be very useful then.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with continuous question Reply with quote

tomal wrote:
By the way, do you have plan to draw the track during navigation. Also the record/replay option...it would be very useful then.

There are plans for these, but I can't give you a time estimate as I'm quite busy at this time with some other projects.
edumariano
Junior

Phone Type: Lg kp210 - Lg Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Storage not supported Reply with quote

Hello people,

Im from São Paulo - Brasil. I has a lg kp210 phone with msgmaps v 1.39 instaled (tried most recent versions too) and trying to use stored maps, but my phone dont support storage fliesystem for default and when i check this option and save settings, got the msg "filesystem storage not supported for this phone". Is it possible to enable this feature in this phone. Can i use some tool to enable it?

thanks in advance,
best regards
erv

Phone Type: Nokia 3110

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with continuous question Reply with quote

CrazyTerabyte wrote:
tomal wrote:

Are you sure that you used the signed version? Also, have you tried to change some options for the application (before running it, at your phone user interface - something like this: select your application -> More -> Permissions) so that instead of "Always ask" it is set "Never ask"?

Thanks for this. I was just about to ask similar question and this is what helped. Smile
Using MGMaps on Nokia 3110, got it to work with my Holux BT GPS which I normally use with a laptop. Works like a charm Smile
jur
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia 6600 Slide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to view the tile files with Irfanview? Specifically the multiple tiles-per-file ones. I found I was able to view the single-tile ones but the multi-tile ones come up with a header error in Irfanview.

Thanks!
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jur wrote:
Is there a way to view the tile files with Irfanview? Specifically the multiple tiles-per-file ones. I found I was able to view the single-tile ones but the multi-tile ones come up with a header error in Irfanview.

Thanks!

No way to view them with an image viewer, because they are not image files. Maybe we'll add a windows application for that Wink
trevmar
MGMapper

Phone Type: Blackberry 8120, Nokia 6822

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Google Sat changed format Reply with quote

I have been trying to complete a download of one or two GoogleSat tiles and I find that Google Maps in my browser is now issuing this string for tiles:

GET /kh/v=41&x=5557&s=&y=13063&z=15&s=Galile HTTP/1.1
Host: khm3.google.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11

The language option has now gone away and an 's=' appears in its place. Strange. All the tiles reqtested by gMapMaker give "Requested URL was not found on this server" even when I customize the string in the gMapMaker config file. Maybe teh Galileo algorithm has changed too?

Sigh...
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Google Sat changed format Reply with quote

trevmar wrote:
I have been trying to complete a download of one or two GoogleSat tiles and I find that Google Maps in my browser is now issuing this string for tiles:

GET /kh/v=41&x=5557&s=&y=13063&z=15&s=Galile HTTP/1.1
Host: khm3.google.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11

The language option has now gone away and an 's=' appears in its place. Strange. All the tiles reqtested by gMapMaker give "Requested URL was not found on this server" even when I customize the string in the gMapMaker config file. Maybe teh Galileo algorithm has changed too?

Sigh...

You have two "&s=" strings in the request, an empty one and one with the "galileo" substring. Anyway, I tested the new URLs and they work fine for me (until I get banned). Here's the new version I tested...

gMapMaker-0.7.3.0-alpha1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gMapMaker-0.7.3.0-alpha1.zip
 Filesize:  589.57 KB
 Downloaded:  1152 Time(s)

Milanche78

Phone Type: Nokia E51

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice strike wrote:

kan anyone help me?

Not working for me too. Phone Nokia E51, MGMaps ver. 1.39(20), I've downloade the zip file, install from the jad file. I did everything, copied maps (from a local company serbiamap.net) to memory catds root as E:/MGMapsCache, selected "Stored maps" and "Offline mode". But when I restart the app, nothing. The online ver. works.
Is there anything else I can do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: