Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Stored Maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ambra
Power User

Phone Type: SE K810i

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milanche78 wrote:
Not working for me too. Phone Nokia E51, MGMaps ver. 1.39(20), I've downloade the zip file, install from the jad file. I did everything, copied maps (from a local company serbiamap.net) to memory catds root as E:/MGMapsCache, selected "Stored maps" and "Offline mode". But when I restart the app, nothing. The online ver. works.
Is there anything else I can do?

Have you followed the gude at Serbiamap.net?
Have you copied the base map (is there cache.conf file)?
Have you point MGMaps to E:\MGMapsCache folder? (Do not enter the path. Browse for the folder.)
Have you created new map type "Serbiamap.Net"?
Does it say "Serbiamap.Net" in the lower-right corner of the screen?

BTW, didn't know about the site. Thanks!
trevmar
MGMapper

Phone Type: Blackberry 8120, Nokia 6822

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Sat changed format Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
I tested the new URLs and they work fine for me (until I get banned). Here's the new version I tested...

This is what I captured from the request packets with the 7.3.0 version

GET /kh/v=41&hl=en&x=27463&y=12542&z=15&s=Gal HTTP/1.1
Cache-Control: No-Transform
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.0.3705;)
Host: khm1.google.com
Connection: Keep-Alive

------ snip -- lots of 404 HTML response code from google down to this HTML -------

The requested URL <code>/kh/v=41&amp;hl=en&amp;x=27463&amp;y=12542&amp;z=15&amp;s=Gal</code> was not found on this server

----------------------- snip--------------

(I am using 256 tiles per file)

I want the GoogleSat tiles as I am visiting a city in China, which has offset roadmaps, and the Microsoft satellite tiles I have downloaded are years old, MS doesn't even have many of the recent buildings on it...
In any case, thanks for your help, and thanks for these incredible utilities...
Milanche78

Phone Type: Nokia E51

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ambra

Hey, it works, it was the cache.conf file that I didnt copy to memory card.
PS
Ako znas srpski mozemo na PM.
Poz
ambra
Power User

Phone Type: SE K810i

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milanche78 wrote:
Ako znas srpski mozemo na PM.
Poz

Naravno. Wink
carlosmarx
Junior

Phone Type: LG KC910 Renoir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Stored Maps Reply with quote

Hi everyone!!

This is my first post. I have a LG KC910 Renoir since a week. I download MGMaps and maps of my city and work perfect!!

if i could help anyone to configure MGMaps in Renoir send me a MP

Thank's a lot for this software!!
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Stored Maps Reply with quote

carlosmarx wrote:
Hi everyone!!

This is my first post. I have a LG KC910 Renoir since a week. I download MGMaps and maps of my city and work perfect!!

if i could help anyone to configure MGMaps in Renoir send me a MP

Thank's a lot for this software!!

Actually there are a few topics about KC910 (search these forums), maybe you can post your solutions there... for instance http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=13317&highlight=kc910#13317
gsx666
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand ,im downloading from yesterday the map of tenerife and is just a few Kb?It created a lot of folders empty and a file cache.conf...after the downlaod i ve to do some think with the folder MGMapsCache or just paste the folder it like this?
manolis287
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my problem is that iam curently downloading my countrys maps now(lvl 5-18 ) and the files are so many that they end up taking more space on my hd than their actuall size and i cant copy them to my sd card not enough space is there any way to make them smaller or make the programm read them from zip files(store mode) so that they won't take so much space on an sd card
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsx666 wrote:
I dont understand ,im downloading from yesterday the map of tenerife and is just a few Kb?It created a lot of folders empty and a file cache.conf...after the downlaod i ve to do some think with the folder MGMapsCache or just paste the folder it like this?

Maybe you tried to download satellite imagery from Google and got banned temporarily?
manolis287
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thats not it i opend some of the files and i could see the image it has to do with the file size( 1 tile per a file ) and the size of the allocation unid of the fat format.There is another way to do this if the author could give the program the ability to read .rar files (store mode no compretion) the size would return to normal.
CrazyTerabyte
Power User

Phone Type: Sony Ericsson K750i; Nokia 6120 classic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manolis287 wrote:
No thats not it i opend some of the files and i could see the image it has to do with the file size( 1 tile per a file ) and the size of the allocation unid of the fat format.There is another way to do this if the author could give the program the ability to read .rar files (store mode no compretion) the size would return to normal.

Neither RAR nor ZIP are able to compress PNG/JPG images. The final ZIP/RAR file will be very similar in size to the original image files, so there is no point in "compressing" them. (actually, such image formats are already very compressed, so it is not possible to reduce their size much more)

What you really want is to use multiple tiles per file. Set it to 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64. Then, multiple downloaded images will be stored in a single file, reducing the "lost" space that previously happened because of too many small files.

How many tiles per file? It depends on the phone. You might want to experiment a bit.

gsx666
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ve an arena ,and i would like the map from tenerife ,is where i m living. The folders I get in the folder Mgmap.cache all of them was empty...
Couold some one tell me how i ve to do the mapeand haw configurate the Mgmapmaker...
Thank you
Henkie

Phone Type: N95 8GB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post, here goes...

i have the exact same problem as mentioned above. I use gmapmaker (v0.7.3.1) to download google hybrid maps. Its starts downloading ok (as far as i can see), but when it finishes it only created a bunch of empty folders (\MGMapsCache\GoogleSat_xx\xx) with a total size of only a few kb. I am using the proxy list option and an earlier created .map file.

What is wrong?
Can anyone who actually did this succesfully before try to do this and maybe spot what i am missing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

As a side note: i was unable to register an account here last week. An annoying message (which i don't remember) kept popping up.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henkie wrote:
First post, here goes...

i have the exact same problem as mentioned above. I use gmapmaker (v0.7.3.1) to download google hybrid maps. Its starts downloading ok (as far as i can see), but when it finishes it only created a bunch of empty folders (\MGMapsCache\GoogleSat_xx\xx) with a total size of only a few kb. I am using the proxy list option and an earlier created .map file.

Well, I guess they have banned some of those proxies too. I'll try to add a workaround to see if we can avoid this problem with Google banning satellite tiles downloads.
johnnnnnnnnnny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo everybody.
I have a problem with my sony ericsson C905. I downloaded and installed maps and it`s working, but I can`t use search.
Is it possible to seach way and navigate in offline mode? Or that`s just nice pictures to watch and you need internet connection anyway, because mgmaps can`t read names of streets?
CrazyTerabyte
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnnnnnnnnny wrote:
Is it possible to seach way and navigate in offline mode? Or that`s just nice pictures to watch and you need internet connection anyway, because mgmaps can`t read names of streets?

You need internet connection for searches.

deltham
Junior

Phone Type: SE W995

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Problem viewing stored maps SE W995 Reply with quote

Dear all,

I'm hoping you can help me.

I have been trying to get the stored map function to work on a SE W995 but all I'm able to view is the tiles telling me to zoom out. I have been browsing this forum for the past two weeks, have tried various solutions, but still can't view maps in offline mode.

So far I have tried the Signed JAD and JAR version 1.39 and I've currently got the Signed JAD version 1.42 installed. All versions work brilliantly using WiFi and the integrated GPS receiver on the phone. Great piece of software!

Downloading of maps to my PC is working - I've used both Yahoo and OpenStreetMap (I want off road mapping capability) maps for the area of Devon, UK and zoom level 13. Google maps wouldn't download, but I've read about the problems with that.

I've downloaded the maps and the cache file to my phone in the following folder: E:/Other/MGMapsCache. So the path of my cache file is E:/Other/MGMapsCache/cache and the path of my map tiles is E:/Other/MGMapsCache/OSMARender_13 (within this folder is a series of subfolders numbered from 0 to 96, each with a number of Osmarender map tiles inside). I have pointed the GMaps application to E:/Other/MGMapsCache/and I have also tried using an 'e' instead of an 'E'. I've told the GMaps application to use stored maps, in offline mode and I've increased the memory cache to 1000kb following a post I read about low memory being an issue.

I've read about the issue with a ',' instead of '.' seperating the locations within the cache file, but I don't have this problem.

I've also set the permission for the GMaps application to 'Trusted' within the SE operating system, so it should be allowed to view the files on the memory stick.

But no luck!

I read on one topic on this forum that suggested some SE users have had to install both the signed JAD and the JAR version simultaneously, but my phone won't allow me to do this. Have I got the map tiles stored in the correct place relative to the cache file?

I would appreciate any help anybody can give me,

Many thanks

Doug
CrazyTerabyte
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem viewing stored maps SE W995 Reply with quote

deltham wrote:
I've downloaded the maps and the cache file to my phone in the following folder: E:/Other/MGMapsCache. So the path of my cache file is E:/Other/MGMapsCache/cache and the path of my map tiles is E:/Other/MGMapsCache/OSMARender_13 (within this folder is a series of subfolders numbered from 0 to 96, each with a number of Osmarender map tiles inside). I have pointed the GMaps application to E:/Other/MGMapsCache/and I have also tried using an 'e' instead of an 'E'.

Hmm... I think this is the problem. In Sony Ericsson (at least in K750i, not sure about your phone), the "other" folder is actually "E:/MSSEMC/Media files/other".

I think it's actually easier to move the MGMapsCache folder to the root of your memory card, so it will be "E:/MGMapsCache". You probably won't be able to do it using the built-in file manager. Please, use a memory card reader, an USB cable, or "obexftp" over bluetooth.

By the way, instead of typing the folder path, I you can use "More -> Browse" to open a built-in file browser in MGMaps that will let you find the correct path.

(edit) Oh, and congratulations! You really did a research before asking your question, and you described it with enough details that it was "easy" to suggest a solution.

deltham
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you CT. I'll try your suggestions later this evening. I have been using the 'Browse' function to identify the folder, so we'll see what happens - fingers crossed!!

Apologies for not replying sooner - I was expecting an email to arrive in my inbox when a reply was posted, but nothing appeared, hence I've only just checked the forum itself.
deltham
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've fixed it.

It wasn't the storage location that was the problem. I had only downloaded one zoom level of maps - zoom level 13. As soon as I downloaded zoom levels 0 - 13 to the phone it's working fine.

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: