Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Post .map files here
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kozawa
MGMapper

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Post .map files here Reply with quote

Let me upload my small tool here. Tool name is MapTileFE. This is front end program to MapTileCacher.perl.

MapTileCacher has dialog user interface. It is very good to gather map tiles at first time. In general, we need gather multiple zoom levels of map tiles for same area. If you found a problem in your map tiles and decided staring over, you might feel boring to enter lat and long again and again.

I hope that future MapTileCacher.perl or GUI version of MapTileCacher has ability to read lat and long from definition file or some kind of batch job facility.

Meanwhile, MapTileFE helps to invoke MapTileCacher for you. MapTileFE reads map definition file and invoke MapTileCahcer mutiple times according to the definition. Map definition file defines map type, zoom level and a pair of coordination. Multiple sets of zoom level and coordination can be contained in the map definition file. Please refer Readme.txt in attached file for detail.

Perhaps, the map definition files can be shared among MGMaps users. Then many MGMaps users will be freed from troublesome job.

--

Download files from http://www.mgmaps.com/cache/

Last edited by Kozawa on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:11 am; edited 3 times in total
jockyw2001
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: MapTileFE - Front End to MapTileCacher.perl Reply with quote

Kozawa wrote:
Perhaps, the map definition files can be shared among MGMaps users. Then many MGMaps users will be freed from troublesome job.

Excellent idea! Cristian will hopefully set up another forum or sticky for that. Many thanks for the front end, it works fine Smile

Cheers
JockyW

EDIT: I've attached Singapore.map

Singapore.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Singapore.zip
 Filesize:  345 Bytes
 Downloaded:  7152 Time(s)

spadival
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MapTileFE - Front End to MapTileCacher.perl Reply with quote

jockyw2001 wrote:
Kozawa wrote:

Excellent idea! Cristian will hopefully set up another forum or sticky for that. Many thanks for the front end, it works fine Smile

Cheers
JockyW

Hang on there.. I asked Cristian about sharing maps ( a couple of pages before on this thread). His response was that u r not supposed to share maps on this forum. Do it elsewhere.. at ur own risk Smile
Kozawa
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: MapTileFE - Front End to MapTileCacher.perl Reply with quote

spadival wrote:
jockyw2001 wrote:
Kozawa wrote:

Cheers
JockyW

Hang on there.. I asked Cristian about sharing maps ( a couple of pages before on this thread). His response was that u r not supposed to share maps on this forum. Do it elsewhere.. at ur own risk Smile

JockyW, thanks for your assent. I will try your Singapore.map later.

spadival, I suppose that Cristian denied to share map tiles because of legal issue. Map definition file does not contain map tiles. Smile
masteraslan
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: MapTileFE - Front End to MapTileCacher.perl Reply with quote

Hi,

I was thinking about creating one for the UK or at least england. How do I find the boundary coordinates for this area? Is there a list somewhere? If I do this how many zoom levels do I want to cover?

This looks like an interesting concept and I would like to get involved.
Kozawa
MGMapper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: MapTileFE - Front End to MapTileCacher.perl Reply with quote

masteraslan wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking about creating one for the UK or at least england. How do I find the boundary coordinates for this area? Is there a list somewhere? If I do this how many zoom levels do I want to cover?

This looks like an interesting concept and I would like to get involved.

Hi,
Do you want to know how to determine coordinate and zoom level of the area, right? Please refer http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=670. You can find list item which started with 'To detrmin the zoom and the coords...' in Critstian's first message.
For zoom level, you need to try and select it sevral times. It is kind of trade-off thing between map quality and map size.
@lice
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kozawa,
your script saves a lots of time & nervs when downloading the tiles. Thanks!
I've a question on further improvment of downloading process- would it be possible to create some "tool" what could use coords from .kml file? I mean, I create a kml track and then some script (or whatever, I'm really dumb in these things Smile ) uses it as an input to download appropriate tiles around this track. This would be nice way to get map around the way for travel.

Kozawa
MGMapper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@lice wrote:
Kozawa,
I've a question on further improvment of downloading process- would it be possible to create some "tool" what could use coords from .kml file? I mean, I create a kml track and then some script (or whatever, I'm really dumb in these things Smile ) uses it as an input to download appropriate tiles around this track. This would be nice way to get map around the way for travel.

Hello @lice,
It is interesting. I will try to write kml to map file converter. Please give me a couple of days.
@lice
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kozawa wrote:
Please give me a couple of days

Sure mate Smile I'm glad to hear that it would be possible.
And, maybe, if all goes fine with it, think a little bit how to implement some "manually adjustable width of track" (as kml gives only 1 coordinate but if I need to see what's on the map in let's say 2-5 kilometers around the way)

masteraslan
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the only scripting I have done is visual basic for excel and outlook so I'm pretty much clueless on any real programming/scripting. I was just wondering would it be possible to support multithread downloading with that script? Say run a few instances of wget on different sections that you are downloading. As it stands since it is only downloading one thing at a time the download rate is nothing close to by actual bandwidth.

I am not complaining. What you have done is great. I'm just curious if it would be simple enough to add?

One thing I have thought of and used to reduce the total cache size. I have used a duplicate file finder to check the crc and been able to delete all the ocean, green, gray only tiles. It probably won't do much but it helps if your on a coast.
Kozawa
MGMapper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi masteraslan
masteraslan wrote:
I was just wondering would it be possible to support multithread downloading with that script?

Currently, MapTileCacher.perl uses single temporary file. So, it is not possible to run mutiple MapTileCacher.perl from MapTileFE.

We may need to have Cristian's study about multi-process efficiency.

masteraslan wrote:

One thing I have thought of and used to reduce the total cache size. I have used a duplicate file finder to check the crc and been able to delete all the ocean, green, gray only tiles. It probably won't do much but it helps if your on a coast.

My map tiles include blue only tiles Smile I will think about this. It might be okay to run seprate program to check CRC or something to detect blue tiles after retrieved map tiles.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masteraslan wrote:
Well the only scripting I have done is visual basic for excel and outlook so I'm pretty much clueless on any real programming/scripting. I was just wondering would it be possible to support multithread downloading with that script? Say run a few instances of wget on different sections that you are downloading. As it stands since it is only downloading one thing at a time the download rate is nothing close to by actual bandwidth.

I am not complaining. What you have done is great. I'm just curious if it would be simple enough to add?

I'm hoping to have the GUI support ready in a few days (as part of the GoogleMV application), I know it uses multithreaded downloaders.

masteraslan wrote:

I'll think how this can be integrated with the script. Maybe you can send the tiles that you found to be duplicated many times? I could try to even include them in the mgmaps jar, so that they are shown even if they are not present appear as duplicates. (That would involve some changes to the script too, to delete the duplicates and create an index file listing each tile deleted).

Cristian
masteraslan
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That GoogleMV looks interesting.

I have attached a copy of the Ocean and White tile.

duplicates.rar
 Description:
Ocean and White tile

Download
 Filename:  duplicates.rar
 Filesize:  271 Bytes
 Downloaded:  3347 Time(s)

Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masteraslan wrote:
I have attached a copy of the Ocean and White tile.

Thanks, it will probably take some time until I include them with the application, still the script can be modified (maybe take a parameter) to delete tiles identical with these.

Cristian
Kozawa
MGMapper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: .map file for Shanghai, China Reply with quote

This is .map file for Shanghai, China. This map definition includes Su Zhou and Hang Zhou area also.

You need to download MapTileCacher v1.11 to download map tiles from Google China.

Cristian, I uploaded MapTileCacher v1.11 in top message of this topic. If it is inconvenience to you, please let me know.

Shanghai.zip
 Description:
Shanghai, China map definition includes Su Zhou and Hang Zhou.

Download
 Filename:  Shanghai.zip
 Filesize:  434 Bytes
 Downloaded:  3631 Time(s)

Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: .map file for Shanghai, China Reply with quote

Kozawa wrote:
This is .map file for Shanghai, China. This map definition includes Su Zhou and Hang Zhou area also.

You need to download MapTileCacher v1.11 to download map tiles from Google China.

Cristian, I uploaded MapTileCacher v1.11 in top message of this topic. If it is inconvenience to you, please let me know.

No, that is fine with me, I'll also update it in the "Stored Maps" thread.

Cristian
slimfictiv
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Angeles .map file

LosAngeles.map

LosAngeles.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  LosAngeles.rar
 Filesize:  317 Bytes
 Downloaded:  3775 Time(s)

slimfictiv
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried about 3 file and folder synchronization software (for Windows). So far, this is the one I found easy to use and very nice GUI:

...and it's free

Allway Sync
http://allwaysync.com/

Kozawa
MGMapper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: kml2map.pl Reply with quote

@lice wrote:
Kozawa,

Hello,
I wrote a small tool which converts coordinates in kml file to map definition. Program name is 'kml2map.pl'. If you are interested in this tool, please download kml2map.zip from top message of this topic.
@lice
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: kml2map.pl Reply with quote

Kozawa wrote:
Hello,
I wrote a small tool which converts coordinates in kml file to map definition. Program name is 'kml2map.pl'. If you are interested in this tool, please download kml2map.zip from top message of this topic.

Hello,
I'll try it during weekends, thank you very much for your efforts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: