Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Mobile GPS on Sprint
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Yikes! phone won't receive incoming calls when gmaps is Reply with quote

Kaix wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:
You're right... there should be a way. There are actually two different methods of accessing the GPS functionality on Sprint phones, maybe the second one would work better -- I'm attaching it here.

TRACK_LOCAL vs TRACK_NETWORK ? or something else?

The first method, the one used in the "mgmaps_sprint" version of mgmaps uses the QJAE API to access the GPS. It's always using TRACK_NETWORK (the experiments with TRACK_LOCAL went really bad at that time, the application had no fix). This version is signed with Sprint's developer certificate that comes with the WTK.

The second method is included in the default (generic) version of mgmaps - except that version is signed with my Verisign certificate, not with a Sprint certificate. It uses com.sprintpcs.location to set server parameters and then JSR-179.

Kaix wrote:
I've found at least on my Fusic, that TRACK_LOCAL along with the speed optimization works best and is more accurate.

I have changed to speed optimization (from accuracy optimization) in v1.38.04, but still using TRACK_NETWORK all the time. TRACK_LOCAL is good if the phone has a "real" built-in GPS, otherwise it gives no fix without network assistance... Maybe future versions of mgmaps will have these parameters configurable.

Kaix wrote:
Is GPSOne supported on any of the newer Sprint PDA phones? I'd like one of them but not if they don't support custom GPS applications. From some brief internet searching it looks like the Mogul might have the chip but the firmware has it disabled or something. Haven't found anything about the HTC Touch.

I've no idea about these... Windows-Mobile are a separate issue, they don't have JSR-179, they don't have QJAE... all I can do is access the positioning data over the serial port, if they assign a (virtual) serial port for the GPS.
panidemm

Phone Type: Samsung sph-A900

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: mgmaps on sprint a900 phones Reply with quote

i have been reading all over the net about pple wanting to get mgmaps to work on the sprint samsung a900....well there is a way, and you dont have sign on to a verisign or even register for being a developer. this is the way i did it. this info is only for the a900 that i know of, the only phone i currently have at this time.

right now im able to get on mgmaps on my phone and see where my location is and when i travel down the street the marker follows me too!! but do understand that it will not be like gps unit where it moves in real time, but moves when the screen refreshes this is the only way that it will work....so just be advised!

first of all you will need to call sprint and ask for the msl code for your phone. it doesnt cost you anything to get it. and if they ask you why just tell them your developing code for the phone and they should give it to you.

then once you have the code grab your phone dial ##DATA# (##3282#) and a menu will come up and it will say "3G Data Prog." you then need to scroll down to Advanced and click on it. you should see two things - "view" and "edit". click on Edit and another screen comes up and asks for the the service code, this is where you put in your msl code. it then takes you to a screen that says ESN. scroll down to where it says CERT. this is the developer certification that you need to turn on.

(please note: there isnt any special way to turn this feature on or any buttons that says on or off, your going to have to push some buttons like the left and right soft keys or the left and right buttons on scroll circle on the phone.)

the way you know you have done this right correctly the phone will automaticaly shut off and restart on its own. when the phone restarts repeat the process again but instead of pressing edit click view. scroll down to CERT and if the process was successfull then it shoud say On.

when i did this myself it took about a week or two for it to go through and then i went to mgmaps.com/gmm and downloaded the mgmaps for sprint. and lo and behold the gps on the phone did work and it has worked ever since!! and the best part is that it is FREE! another thing you should know about is when you turned that feature on it unlocked that api for all sprint apps. check out m.tellme.com and it uses the internal gps for getting directions from your exact location and because you have that feature turned on youll be able to use it alot better and than you would have been before...

i hope this information has been helpfull and if anyone has any questions or need help please email me at panidemm@gmail.com please let me know how it goes and if your satisfided with what you got... peace
mikeg19_82

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Samsung M510 on Sprint Reply with quote

I'm using the Samsung M510 but am having problems with Mobile Gmaps. It's really slow to refresh. I'm in the metro Milwaukee area so there is a very strong digital signal.

Are there any ##3282# settings that would allow me to speed up the GPS refresh rate? Or any other settings I can modify for optimal use?
sprintusr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Still no GPS on Sprint V3M Reply with quote

Hi Cristian,

thanks for this great application. I like the way it displays maps offline, since I don't have internet access on my V3M. If I could just use the GPS on my phone it would be perfect.
I have tested signed and unsigned, generic and sprint versions w/o success. I have set the permissions correctly and have enabled developer access. The location feature on my phone is set to ON and when I look at the debug log I see "GPS unknown error". I'm beginning to think that I have to have internet access in order to use GPS but I'm not sure about that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sven.
thezfunk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search and didn't find a reference so I thought I would post. I have a MotoQ 9C and was wondering which version of this program I would install to try and get this working.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thezfunk wrote:
I did a search and didn't find a reference so I thought I would post. I have a MotoQ 9C and was wondering which version of this program I would install to try and get this working.

It's a windows mobile phone, install the generic version as described at http://www.mgmaps.com/winset
mas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Works on Sanyo 7050 Reply with quote

db wrote:
doncrescas wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that preliminary testing shows it to work pretty well on the new Sanyo 7050 with the internal autonomous GPS. Keep up the great work.

this internal gps, do it allow the 7050 to work as a handheld gps, or do i still have to but the services from sprint.

I've read this entire thread and haven't been able to ascertain a clear answer for this. I have the Sanyo 7050 as well that claims to have "autonomous GPS" and says it can be used "off the Sprint Network as a stand alone GPS unit." I have tried DENYING network access when mGMaps starts and it does not retrieve any GPS data. If i allow network access it works perfectly. I was hoping i could use it in more remote areas where i know i won't have Sprint/Nextel coverage.

Is this possible?
tridentwhite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i have a sprint katana dlx and have tried installing the sprint version of gmaps through the wap site but every time get a "application authorization error". I have tried downloading some non-sprint files and i don't get this problem, but the gps doesn't work on those programs (which i'm guessing is based on the way sprint sets up the internal gps).

anyone know how to get around this application authorization error?
LasVegas

Phone Type: Sprint LG Rumor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: LG LX260 Rumor Installation Reply with quote

I've noticed that no-one has even mentioned the LX260 (Rumor) on this site. Perhaps because no-one's had problems installing and running MGMaps or know that it's possible.

It took me a little searching on the net to find and grope the necessary steps, but I managed to get it working almost perfectly. And this, without a Developer's license! The only problem is the maps are too small in profile mode.

To enable gpsOne on the Rumor, enter the GPS settings mode (##477#) and select gpsOne (1). Select NV (5) and Transport (1). Set it to IP. Now, select Default (2). Select IP Address (1) and enter 068028031049 followed by Enter/OK. Select IP Port (2) and enter 5017 followed by Enter/OK. Press Back three times and test by selecting Start Application (4).

If all went well, you should see the message "gpsOne in progress" for a few seconds followed by the GPS info. If this worked you're ready to download the Sprint version of MGMaps or run the copy you already installed.

I hope this helps others.

LasVegas
Corollachemist
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Thought I had a problem Reply with quote

Well, I thought I had a problem with starting a Developer Account, but I got it to work, so I thought I'd share some tips in case this happens to you.

I'm not sure which of the following worked, but I tried the following (which was different than the first three times that failed):

* Used a G-mail account instead of a hotmail or my own website's e-mail address
* Make sure you put your first and last name as the company name
* Click the "Independent Developer" tab

This time around I immediately received a confirmation e-mail in my inbox and was able to start an account.

-Cc
cwhite86720
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Does anybody know how to enable the GPS service on a Samsung Rant?
Thanks!
Culex316
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Q Reply with quote

cwhite86720 wrote:
Hi.
Does anybody know how to enable the GPS service on a Samsung Rant?
Thanks!

You'll need QPST or Bitpim to edit the policy.txt file to enable third-party GPS access.
Culex316
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Improving GPS Speed with MGMaps Reply with quote

With the latest build of QPST (301), I've used the Service Programming program on my Samsung Rant..and accessed the GPSone settings menu......the factory default settings had the box next to "allow"" unchecked and only the first feature selected, but I made the following changes below.....and..my GPS response with MGmaps is much quicker, and apparently doesn't lock up either!

It is still unclear whether Autonomous GPS would work though...

Crap, I forgot to mention...very important BACK UP ALL YOUR CONTACTS FIRST!!! Apparently flashing the phone with the Service Programming thing from QPST, erases your contacts, so back them up first.

gpsone.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.88 KB
 Viewed:  55677 Time(s)

gpsone.jpg

hypochondriac
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas how to enable the GPS for a samsung Reclaim? the maps load just fine, it's just that my location isn't showing up :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: