Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

GPS on Motorolla A1000 & E1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightyEx
MGMapper

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ston77777 wrote:
All greetings. I have tried to start the appendix on E-1000 and have given full access to the appendix but gps does not work, though itself the appendix works also full access is. I can has established{installed} not that version? MGMaps v1.28.08 with support for Motorola internal GPS <mgmapsmo.jad> (October 4, 2006). [jad <mgmapsmo.jad>] is that that I have established{installed}.
If it is not correct, give please the correct version.
Or it is necessary for something to make in adjustments{options} of the appendix?

Did you have enabled the agps service on your E1000 ?! You will find the option in settings -> phone status -> agps service. Make sure you are outside buildings and have a widely free sky around. If you have your phone in a case take it out.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightyEx wrote:
@chrysanthemumman: There are no official informations concerning gps in the developer guide. But you are right. At least some of the A780 seem to have an inbuilt gps. But it uses another api than com.motorola.location. It uses the official JSR-179 java location api javax.microedition.location. This api is also included in mgmaps. To enable the gps menu a seem modification is needed.

@chrysanthemumman: What this means is that you should download and install the main version of MGMaps available under the first link at http://wap.mgmaps.com - do not download the version for Motorola phones. Then start MGMaps, go to Settings/GPS and set the GPS Device to "Internal", and GPS Sync to the desired value - see the documentation at http://www.mgmaps.com/doc.php#usage for more details.
ston77777

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Function AGPS is included, and the appendix gps does not work.
Tell what precisely the version of the appendix it is necessary to establish{install}, probably I was mistaken in the version for E-1000???
mightyEx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ston77777 wrote:
Function AGPS is included, and the appendix gps does not work.
Tell what precisely the version of the appendix it is necessary to establish{install}, probably I was mistaken in the version for E-1000???

The newest version is V1.28.08 with support for Motorola internal GPS. Make sure to enable the internal Moto GPS in your phone and in the MGMaps settings. You have to install MGMaps with MotoMidletsManager so that MGMaps can access the GPS. The main build 1.28.09 does not include the Motorola location API. So with this version you can watch maps but can't use the internal GPS of the E1000.
K8Fisher
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightyEx wrote:
Hmm, just an idea. Maybe we are wrong and the A1000 is a Mode2 phone and not Mode4. Maybe someone can try the strings "A1000 REL" with A1000 in Mode2, although the A1000 is a 3G phone.

Hi, d'you mean add A1000 REL to the mode2 line in the configuration file that has been referenced in this forum before? Otherwise Im not sure how you would put an A1000 in mode 2? I will give it a go and post my findings here asap.

Kate
pengman
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I've got a motorola A1000 and would really to use the internal gps for this software, so naturally I've been messing with the information in this thread.

While I have gotten Moto MIDlets Manager to connect to the phone, that is about all it will do. When connected it doesn't show any installed aps, even though I do have opera mini installed too. And when I press the refresh button (to fetch the information), the phone does a sort of restart (most of the time it just restart without me having to enter my PIN.). It makes no difference if i'm using mode 4 or mode 2, its the same result.

The thing I would really like to know is whether anyone has actually used this program to activate the gps in an actual A1000. The A1000 (and the other Axxx phones) are not listed as compatible with MotoMidMan (according to what babelfish are telling me.) As far as I have been able to determine, the E1000 and A1000 are not running the same operating system (according to this page), and I am thinking that maybe that program is not supposed to work on symbian phones?

Please note that I am not an expert on these things and I might be totally wrong, so I would like som comments on this,

If people are interested I could post some further details of what I did, and what other things I have tried.
alfredduncan
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried adding "A1000 REL" to the Mode 2 line to try and install the software to my A1000 however I get this from motomidman log

"Installing application using JAD file
MIDlet name: Mobile GMaps
MIDlet vendor: Cristian Streng
MIDlet class: com.mgmaps.ui.MGMaps
MIDlet icon: /res/images/map-small.png
MIDlet window name: MGMaps
MIDlet version: 1.28.08
MIDlet not found... searching for free slot
Found free slot 0
p2kapi.GetVolFreeSpace: /c/
p2kapi.GetVolFreeSpace: failed
No free space. Need 101982 bytes, available: -1 bytes
Ready
Ready
"

Anybody understand this
dn428

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Still cannot get Motomid to connect to A1000 Reply with quote

pengman just curious how you got your phone to connect. I've added "A1000 REL" to both mode 2 and mode 4 with the same result "Unsupported device" and the phone just resets. I believe I've installed the P2K drivers, when I plugged in the phone I just directed windows to the P2K driver folder,I am using a USB cable if this makes a difference. Yours or anyone elses help would be thankfull.
mightyEx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pengman wrote:
As far as I have been able to determine, the E1000 and A1000 are not running the same operating system (according to this page), and I am thinking that maybe that program is not supposed to work on symbian phones?

After all reports it seems that MotoMidMan doesn't support the A-series of Motorola. Did anyone with Moto Axxx tried to connect with P2KCommander ? If this is possible we have to look for a file called J2MEST. It's also possible that the A-series uses an unknown method for midlet rights management.
pengman
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dn428 wrote:
pengman just curious how you got your phone to connect. I've added "A1000 REL" to both mode 2 and mode 4 with the same result "Unsupported device" and the phone just resets. I believe I've installed the P2K drivers, when I plugged in the phone I just directed windows to the P2K driver folder,I am using a USB cable if this makes a difference. Yours or anyone elses help would be thankfull.

Here's What I did (by memory):

1. First I disconnected the cable (I was also using the USB cable)
2. Then I removed all motorola devices from device manager (Using http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips811.html to show devices that was not connected)
3. Then I connected the phone
4. When windows asks for drivers I pointed in to the ones that came with
MotoMidMan.
5. Windows installed three devices (I cant remember the names, but I cant find them if it helps), all with the drivers from MotoMidMan.
6. I then edited the Mode4 line in MotoMidMan.ini to say
Code:
 Mode4   = R26LD R26 A1000 REL

7. I then connected the phone and started MotoMidiMan
And then it started up but didn't work as previously descriped. This description is from meomry and if it is wrong I could redo the process with pictures and all, but I really don't think that it would really help as long as it is not working...

Which leads to:
mightyEx wrote:
pengman wrote:
As far as I have been able to determine, the E1000 and A1000 are not running the same operating system (according to this page), and I am thinking that maybe that program is not supposed to work on symbian phones?

After all reports it seems that MotoMidMan doesn't support the A-series of Motorola. Did anyone with Moto Axxx tried to connect with P2KCommander ? If this is possible we have to look for a file called J2MEST. It's also possible that the A-series uses an unknown method for midlet rights management.

I have had a look around with P2KCommander, and these are some of my observations:
- It can only read a drive a, which is neither the usual RAM or the transflash (as far as i can determine and remember).
- If I try to make a directory or copy somethink to it, ir restarts the phone (probably related to the restart descriped in my first post)
- There is no file called J2MEST to be found, either on the a drive or any of the other drives (at least when browsed via the desktop suite)

I think that symbian (the operating system for the A1000) simply uses a different method of storing the priviliges...
pengman
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the double posting, but I think this might deserve a new post.

I have found a project on sourceforge, that is supposed to allow access to to the a100 gps from java, via jni (Java Native Interface) ... unfortunately the seems to be no documentation beyond that...

When downloaded, the program seems to at least be able to access the gps (which is not really a suprise I guess), but the weather around here sucks, so at no luck getting a connection. Maybe a few of you guys should check it out and maybe we can get a little wiser...
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand what it's about. JNI is only available for J2SE programs, not for J2ME... is there a J2SE JVM available on A1000?

Anyway, if the C++ code is functional, maybe the author can adapt it to work like Navizon works - as a "proxy" between MGMaps and the gps device, forwarding all GPS statements to MGMaps using TCP/IP. I'll see if I can contact him.

Cristian
K8Fisher
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: mode 2 A1000 REL Reply with quote

Regarding the 3 devices that get added when you tell windows to use the P2K drivers under motomidman, the devices are as follows:

Accessories interface
Data logging mcu interface
Text command interface

Hope this helps in some way.

When I added A1000 REL to mode 2 however and connected the phone motomidman appeared to connect for a moment and then stopped responding to windows.

Kate
trextor
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Still not able... Reply with quote

So i guess nobody offers the guide step by step to get it to work. Still it seems you have to be close to a hacker to get this to work. I have been trying to follow this tread with all hints and tips along with it.

Is there really no other way to get this to work? Or could someone please offer the guide to install this the correct way?
trextor
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: How about... Reply with quote

creating a patch for unlocking the things that GMaps need? A small installation file which unlocks just the things needed for GMaps for the A1000? The software is already there, a patch that unlocks is all that is needed. It would be much easier and worth paying for if someone could create this...
trextor
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: No one interested.... Reply with quote

So I guess no one is interested. Motomidman can't connect to my phone and therefore I can't use this great software for my A1000. It's really sad, mgmaps must be the best GPS-nav out there. Could someone please assist?
chrget
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

any chance there will be an updated com.motorola.location API version of mgmaps anytime soon? Looks like the one currently available for download is showing first signs of bit rot -- using Google maps seemingly is broken (tracing the network traffic indicates it keeps getting 404 errors), whereas all other services still work (even the sat images part of Google Maps -- go figure! Wink ).

Regards,
Chris.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Google has removed the maps that were used by that version. I have uploaded a new one, you can access it from the wap page.

Cristian
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: A780 & A1000 Support Reply with quote

I have also built an alpha release for MGMaps v1.31.00 that should run on Motorola A780 and A1000. Any one willing to beta-test it? You can get it from http://wap.mgmaps.com/alpha.html.
chrget
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A780 & A1000 Support Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
I have also built an alpha release for MGMaps v1.31.00 that should run on Motorola A780 and A1000. Any one willing to beta-test it? You can get it from http://wap.mgmaps.com/alpha.html.

Uhm, ok, so I'm not exactly the target group with my E1000. Tried it nonetheless, with less than enthusiastic results. It stopped loading tiles after the initial 4 or so. After that it continued to try and TCP connect to 127.0.0.1:6284 but that was it.

There's something in the back of my mind that this was an alternative way to connect to the internal GPS, IIRC. Mind you, GPS was set to 'none' though in mgmaps ... very bizarre. Neutral

Cristian Streng wrote:
I have uploaded a new one, you can access it from the wap page.

Thanks a lot, now this one works like a charm again Very Happy

Regards,
Chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: