Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

GPS on Motorolla A1000 & E1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A780 & A1000 Support Reply with quote

chrget wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:
I have also built an alpha release for MGMaps v1.31.00 that should run on Motorola A780 and A1000. Any one willing to beta-test it? You can get it from http://wap.mgmaps.com/alpha.html.

Uhm, ok, so I'm not exactly the target group with my E1000. Tried it nonetheless, with less than enthusiastic results. It stopped loading tiles after the initial 4 or so. After that it continued to try and TCP connect to 127.0.0.1:6284 but that was it.

That's actually related to Navizon support, and will of course be removed from platforms where it doesn't run (like Motorola). Of course it's a bug, it should not retry to connect if it fails the first time it tries. I wonder though why the app stopped loading tiles... did you get any out-of-memory errors?
chrget
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: A780 & A1000 Support Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
I wonder though why the app stopped loading tiles... did you get any out-of-memory errors?

No, at least I wasn't notified of such anywhere out in the open. Dunno if J2ME on the E1K will throw those in your face. Knowing Motorola, they'll rather crash the entire phone than irritate the user with cryptic errors Twisted Evil

Regards,
Chris.
Warlock5
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is any chance to update vertion for E1000 ?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warlock5 wrote:
There is any chance to update vertion for E1000 ?

Yes, get it from http://wap.mgmaps.com/alpha2.html and let me know if it works.

Cristian
Warlock5
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This vertion working normal only with "low memory" are turned on.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warlock5 wrote:

What happens with "low memory" off? Does it give out-of-memory errors?
Warlock5
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
Warlock5 wrote:

What happens with "low memory" off? Does it give out-of-memory errors?
no it not give out of memory errors. It just stuking in white screen.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warlock5 wrote:
no it not give out of memory errors. It just stuking in white screen.

That's strange - can you look in Help/Debug Log and let me know what Error Messages you get there?

Cristian
Warlock5
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see there any error mesenges. It just stuking in white screen and after stopin loading map tiles even i get fix.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warlock5 wrote:
I can't see there any error mesenges. It just stuking in white screen and after stopin loading map tiles even i get fix.

OK, then you should keep low memory on until I find out what the problem is. It could be that the phone allocates too little memory to the java application, and if that is the case there's nothing I can do.
Warlock5
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. i will keep low memory on.
gdude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: motorola e1000 issue Reply with quote

Hi all,

Thanks for all the code and info from this forum.
Can you please help me get my e1000 work with mgmaps?

I have instaled-it, granted access with motomum, selected internal gps receiver.
Now when i start the program my agps sign from the top flickers from white to red...and i cannot get a GPS position.

Thanks,
George
to_wodan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to run this application on my Motorola A925, the stable release 1.32.03 runs great except i can´t connect the internal GPS. I´ve try to install with MotoMidMan but it´s no differens?
And this very new Alpha 1.35.02 just crash and i´ve got the following error message after "Application loading, please wait" message:
08:43:04.875: FATAL ERROR: EX
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException,
DESC: Exception while starting
application, MSG: null

Any one having this problem or maybe an solution?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to_wodan wrote:
I have tried to run this application on my Motorola A925, the stable release 1.32.03 runs great except i can´t connect the internal GPS. I´ve try to install with MotoMidMan but it´s no differens?
And this very new Alpha 1.35.02 just crash and i´ve got the following error message after "Application loading, please wait" message:
08:43:04.875: FATAL ERROR: EX
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException,
DESC: Exception while starting
application, MSG: null

Any one having this problem or maybe an solution?

Hi,

Can you try the generic version 1.38.03 and see if it works (except for the GPS)? I'll be working on a GPS-enabled version, let me know if you could help with testing on your phone.

Cristian
jumpjack
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found two weird informations googlineg around, which I do not have te skill to investigate, so I report them here.

I found a test midlet which looks for Location APIs availability; on my a1000, it reports NO location API available, BUT Motorola location API available! Shocked

So, maybe there's a different method to access location API in j2me for a1000?

I disassembled the source; this is the part that displays APIs availablty on the screen:
Code:
    append("MIDP 2.0", getIcon("javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry"));
        append("CLDC 1.1", getIcon("java.lang.Double"));
        append("Bluetooth", getIcon("javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice"));
        append("Location", getIcon("javax.microedition.location.LocationProvider"));
        append("FileConnection", getIcon("javax.microedition.io.file.FileConnection"));
        append("Personal Info", getIcon("javax.microedition.pim.PIM"));
        append("Wireless Messaging", getIcon("javax.wireless.messaging.MessageConnection"));
        append("Mobile Media", getIcon("javax.microedition.media.Manager"));
        append("Scalable Graphics", getIcon("javax.microedition.m2g.ScalableGraphics"));
        append("Nokia UI", getIcon("com.nokia.mid.ui.DirectGraphics"));
        append("Motorola Location", getIcon("com.motorola.location.AggregatePosition"));
        append("Motorola Position", getIcon("com.motorola.iden.position.AggregatePosition"));

Second line from bottom gives a positive result on my a1000.
Does this mean that to access Location on a1000 we should use com.motorola.location.AggregatePosition rather than javax.microedition.location.LocationProvider, which gives negative result instead?

Second trick is here: it says that AGPS output can be accessed by connecting to port 5322 of localhost! Shocked It would be really cool, as it wouldn't require any kind of location API! But it does not work on my a1000, I get a "SymbianOS error -34" (?). Maybe we should try another port? Or it's just my problem, being my AGPS burnt out since several months? Crying or Very sad

I also have a 3rd idea: as MIDPSSH client didn't work properly on my a1000 after installing directly the JAR, I found out that permission can be specified in JAD files also in a1000, which usually does not require JAD files to install midlets. Maybe it's just a matter of discovering right permission needed to access Location API? (MIDPSSH does not work without "MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.Connector.socket" line in JAD file)
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumpjack wrote:
I found two weird informations googlineg around, which I do not have te skill to investigate, so I report them here.

I found a test midlet which looks for Location APIs availability; on my a1000, it reports NO location API available, BUT Motorola location API available! Shocked

So, maybe there's a different method to access location API in j2me for a1000?

I disassembled the source; this is the part that displays APIs availablty on the screen:
Code:
    append("MIDP 2.0", getIcon("javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry"));
        append("CLDC 1.1", getIcon("java.lang.Double"));
        append("Bluetooth", getIcon("javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice"));
        append("Location", getIcon("javax.microedition.location.LocationProvider"));
        append("FileConnection", getIcon("javax.microedition.io.file.FileConnection"));
        append("Personal Info", getIcon("javax.microedition.pim.PIM"));
        append("Wireless Messaging", getIcon("javax.wireless.messaging.MessageConnection"));
        append("Mobile Media", getIcon("javax.microedition.media.Manager"));
        append("Scalable Graphics", getIcon("javax.microedition.m2g.ScalableGraphics"));
        append("Nokia UI", getIcon("com.nokia.mid.ui.DirectGraphics"));
        append("Motorola Location", getIcon("com.motorola.location.AggregatePosition"));
        append("Motorola Position", getIcon("com.motorola.iden.position.AggregatePosition"));

Second line from bottom gives a positive result on my a1000.
Does this mean that to access Location on a1000 we should use com.motorola.location.AggregatePosition rather than javax.microedition.location.LocationProvider, which gives negative result instead?

Yes, but all these location methods are already supported by MGMaps. I mean - it checks for Motorola API and if available uses it instead of the default location API.

jumpjack wrote:
Second trick is here: it says that AGPS output can be accessed by connecting to port 5322 of localhost! Shocked It would be really cool, as it wouldn't require any kind of location API! But it does not work on my a1000, I get a "SymbianOS error -34" (?). Maybe we should try another port? Or it's just my problem, being my AGPS burnt out since several months? Crying or Very sad

OK, this sounds interesting. How did you test port 5322? Did you write a short midlet for that?

jumpjack wrote:
I also have a 3rd idea: as MIDPSSH client didn't work properly on my a1000 after installing directly the JAR, I found out that permission can be specified in JAD files also in a1000, which usually does not require JAD files to install midlets. Maybe it's just a matter of discovering right permission needed to access Location API? (MIDPSSH does not work without "MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.Connector.socket" line in JAD file)

Yeah, it may be a permission issue too... Can you help test some development versions of mgmaps on your A1000?
jumpjack
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:

Yes, but all these location methods are already supported by MGMaps. I mean - it checks for Motorola API and if available uses it instead of the default location API.

Really? Shocked
Nice!

Quote:

jumpjack wrote:

OK, this sounds interesting. How did you test port 5322? Did you write a short midlet for that?

I worte it just in the same post you quoted! Using MIDPSSH.

Quote:

jumpjack wrote:

Yeah, it may be a permission issue too... Can you help test some development versions of mgmaps on your A1000?

If you think it could be useful... As I said, my AGPS is gone. I can only use MGMAPS with external GPS, or as a mapper. About this matter, I'd like to suggest a feature (or is it already there? Wink ): reading a "track file" from file system (on system which allows it) or from network in real time, at fixed intervals: this would allow tracking remote devices using a cellphone rather than a PC with a web browser.
Actually, reading from file system would be less expansive...
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumpjack wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:

If you think it could be useful... As I said, my AGPS is gone. I can only use MGMAPS with external GPS, or as a mapper. About this matter, I'd like to suggest a feature (or is it already there? Wink ): reading a "track file" from file system (on system which allows it) or from network in real time, at fixed intervals: this would allow tracking remote devices using a cellphone rather than a PC with a web browser.
Actually, reading from file system would be less expansive...

I think the feature is already there, it's called View Friends in the Services menu... you can track other people or devices from the network, in real time.
jumpjack
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:

I think the feature is already there, it's called View Friends in the Services menu... you can track other people or devices from the network, in real time.

what about file system?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumpjack wrote:
what about file system?

Well, how would you imagine that working? I mean, you can read KML files from the filesystem, but those are obviously static (in time).
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: